STEM Platforms Grades K-8
Excellent K-12 NGSS standards-aligned, hands-on lessons, activities, maker challenges and more. Students will learn about key engineering concepts. Very user-friendly website allowing visitors to browse easily to find the right information.
- PBS STEM a plethora of high quality STEM and other subject related areas. The site is well organized including various types of media content, interactive lessons, and a free personalized online dashboard for customize learning.
- Concord Consortium engages students with scientifically accurate virtual labs, hands-on digital tools and interactive modules. Make the invisible visible and explorable in a way that brings out the inner scientist in everyone.
- Amazon Future Engineers offers free comprehensive classes from childhood-to-career programs aimed at increasing access to computer science education for children and young adults.
- Google Education is a repository of Google’s cutting edge STEM lesson plans, virtual reality, computer coding, and Language Arts.
- learnXdesign offers design based learning resources for broader learning strategies.
- Science Buddies is an award-winning, non-profit content provider empowering K-12 students, parents, and teachers to quickly and easily find free project ideas and help in all areas of science from physics to food science and music to microbiology.
- Microsoft Library Hacks are hands-on, teacher-tested projects and activities that use everyday materials to make STEM affordable, accessible, and fun for everyone.
- Siemans Foundation invested more than $122 million in the United States to advance workforce development and education skill-based initiatives. While guiding young minds about the pathways toward STEM careers. These much needed skills are designed to inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers.
- TGR Foundation offers interactive resources, designed for grades 6-12, to develop problem-solving and decision-making skills with real-world applications to access integrated STEM learning .
- NYSci Discover over 450 exhibits, events, and workshops designed to engage ages 1 to 100. With over 100,000 square feet of indoor exhibition space, plus 60,000 square feet of outdoors, you’ve got room to explore!
- Lynda offers software video tutorial classes divided into short segments, from MS Office to Auto CAD and everything in between. Login with your Northbrook library card number and password/PIN.
- Hackr.io is an aggregate of courses from many providers to make it easy to find the best courses on almost any subject, wherever they exist on the web. The aim is to provide an unbiased platform for learners to discover the best sources to learn a new skill.
- Machine Learning for Kids is a free tool introducing machine learning by providing hands-on experiences for training machine learning systems and building things with them.
- DeepMind if your interested in learning the inside track about artificial intelligence look no further.
OpenAI is a research laboratory based in San Francisco, California. Their work examines the potential use for artificial intelligence. Imagine exploring aspects of neural networks, reinforced learning algorithms, and generative language models or any other aspect in the frontier of artificial intelligence.
S2 Ep1: A breakthrough unfolds – DeepMind: The Podcast
Discover Your Hacker
- Hack this Site free, safe, and leading training ground for hackers.
- Hack a Day Engineering Hacks by and for curious minds.
- Hack in the Box latest hacking news information.
- Defend the Web is a interactive security platform where you can learn and challenge your skills. Try and complete all of our 60+ hacking levels.
- Over The Wire helps you to learn and practice security concepts in the form of fun-filled games.
- BeeBot Simulator (early Elementary Coding robot)
- Chrome Music Lab (song maker that incorporates STEM)
- CutOutFoldUp (interesting things to Make out of paper)
- Desmos (calculator, grapher, & Math activities)
- FoldnFly (Paper airplane templates & tutorials)
- Gear Generator (gear simulator)
- Gear Sketch (draw gears & belts)
- Icograms (a 3D isometric Map & City builder)
- Inspirograph (Spirograph simulator)
- Instructables (How To instructions for making almost anything)
- Joseph’s Machines (the best Rube Goldberg type machines on YouTube)
- Litterati (Global trash pickup & tagging)
- NASA STEM (STEM based activities from NASA for all grade levels)
- OkGo Sandbox (STEM behind the OkGo music videos)
- Piskel (Pixel art & animated sprite creator)
- Pixar in a Box (STEM behind Pixar movies)
- Phet Simulations (interactive Science & Math simulations)
- Shut The Box (Shut the Box probability game)
- StoryCorps (Story recording & sharing project)
- Toy Theater (virtual manipulatives for Math & Science)